- Castleford Reamer(EBAY)– I started out with this reamer, was on my second when I switched to a Pipnet.
- Shank Brushes(plastic tips) – Smokingpipes.com / Pipes&Cigars.com
- Retort(EBAY)– seller 4Ziggy20
- Pipnet Reamer– Smokingpipes.com I as well as many others recommend this reamer.
- Round Tip Jewelry Pliers– Big box store. I use the round tip pliers to expand the tennon on a loose stem.
- Needle Files– Harbor Freight.
- Mortise Brush– Smokingpipes.com
- Pick Set– Harbor Freight
- EverClear– Local Liquor Store
- BJ Pipe Cleaners(soft/bristle)– Amazon.com
- Gorilla Glue– Big Box Store
- Accelerator(EBAY)– seller thebillofwrites
- Nature’s Way Activated Charcoal Powder– Amazon.com
- Micro-Mesh(EBAY)– seller thebillofwrites
- 400,1000,2000 wet/dry sandpaper– Home Depot
- Thick Black CA Glue(EBAY)– seller thebillofwrites
- 1300 RPM Hand Drill and Drill mounted buffing kit– Amazon.com . I have my drill mounted to an adjustable hobby vice also from Amazon.com I started out with this drill five years ago and up graded to a veritable speed bench buffer that has since burnt out so I’m back to old reliable.
- Buffing Weels(loose/Sewn)– Amazon.com, Harbor Freight
- Buffing Rake– Amazon
- Carnauba Wax– Amazon.com
- Blue Compound– Harbor Freight, Amazon.com
- White Diamond Compound– Amazon.com
- Brown Tripoli-Amazon.com
8. Black Emery-Amazon.com
- Non-bleach Soft Scrub– Big Box Store
- Howard’s Butcher Block Conditioner– Home Depot. Used on natural or deeply rusticated pipes.
- Household Iron– Big Box Store
- Cotton Balls– Dollar Tree/ Dollar Store
- 100% pure Acetone– Big Bix Store
- Makeup Pads– Dollar Tree/Dollar Store
- Q-tips Cotton Swabs– Dollar Tree/Dollar Store
- Method Wood For Good Polish-Big Box Store
- Painters Tape– Big Box Store
- Touch up furniture markers– Amazon.com
- White out pen– Big Box Store. Touch up on Stem logos
- Fiebings leather dye– Amazon.com
- Magic Eraser– Big Box Store
- Microfiber cloth– Big Box Store
- Children’s Toothbrush– Big Box Store
- Long Q-tips– Amazon.com
- Bic Lighter– Big Box Store.
- Heat Gun– Home Depot. Stem bending.
5. Rub & Buff– Joanns Craft. Touch up on stem logos
I also hold on to every spare container ,old tee-shirt and medicine dropper that I can get my hands on.
My small work area in the corner of our bedroom its changed a little since this photo was taken. My wifes pretty cool and supportive of my hobby.
Recently I received a question on my supplies. Everyone who’s into estate pipe refurbishing has his or her own list of tools and products ,these are the products and tools I reach for in the restoration of my pipes. I try to keep things as cheap as possible. I didn’t list prices as they have changed some since my purchasing them. Also my equipment was purchased over a five year period as it was needed it was added.